Thursday, April 22, 2010

Report on Dallas / Kachin Visit

The trip to Dallas/Ft Worth April 15 to 19 was a special blessing mixed with some concerns.

Thanks for praying. It was busy but God sustained and blessed.

I went specifically to attend the ordination of La Seng. He was the first Kachin Bible College teacher I sponsored for seminary training in the States. I then had the privilege to preach the ordination sermon. I told of my personal involvement with La Seng and his family and the opportunities to mentor him. I challenged him with Biblical principles that God has used in my life regarding ministry.

I was also blessed by the personal friendship and humbled by the way they in their culture gives honor to me for seemly small things that I have been able to do for them. I think of James 3:1 that says those who teach are judged more severely and that I am accountable for the trust they give to me.

The fellowship and opportunity to counsel was very special. The Kachin food was sooooo good. They even surprised me with a birthday cake. I preached for a new church of Burmese speaking and then to the Kachin speaking church [through translators]. To me it seems they need to have more organization as a church but I know that unless they understand and agree, too many changes would cause confusion. Pray that any advice I give will be Biblical and not just our American Baptist cultural.


No comments: