Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Kachin Son's Ordination

Kachin Son Being Ordained

I fly to Dallas TX on 4/15/10 and return 4/19/10 to meet with the many Kachin friends [From Burma] and to speak in La Seng Labya’s Ordination Sunday, 5:00. I will also speak in the Kachin church that morning.

This will be a great honor since La Seng is my first Kachin son in the faith. I went to Dallas to meet him in 1996 while he was in a MA study. He had the wrong visa and lacked support. After spending 5 days with him I could see that if we assisted a Bible College teacher he could train many workers. I gave him money so he could go home and obtain his visa and I committed to sponsor him for $100.00 per month. This was the beginning of the vision to assist three other Bible College Teachers from Kachin State to earn a D Min degree and from that formed the Closed Door Ministries, Inc. Our motto was “Assist a few to disciple many to reach millions.” Dr Phil McDonald has been the president since 2004.

This will be a blessing. It will be an opportunity to serve since they want me to advise and encourage in the purpose and unity of the church. Thanks for praying.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you Dad Brock for all you did in the name of the Lord! I'm truly blessed by your faithful service in the Lord. Today, I'm serving Him! I could not have done it without you!!!!!